✵The TCM herbalism is also known as pharmaceutics of Traditional Chinese Medicine, or Chinese pharmaceutics, is the branch of health science dealing with the preparation, dispensing, and proper utilization of Chinese herbs. It is majorly composed of Introduction of Chinese Medicinals, Classification of Chinese Herbs, Formulas, and Patent medicines.
Classifications of Herbs:Herbs Pacifying the liver and extinguishing wind.
Introduction: Herbs pacifying the liver and extinguishing wind: also known as liver-pacifying and wind-extinguishing herb, an agent or substance herbs that pacifies the liver, suppresses exuberant Yang, extinguishes endogenous wind and controls spasms or tremors.
✵Till the date Oct 10th,2019, there are totally  kinds of common TCM herbs,  kinds of related plant species,  kinds of related insects species,  kinds of related animal species,  kind of related minerals, are recorded in this category. These herbs pacifying the liver and extinguishing wind are briefly introduced separately:
Brief Introduction: The herb Scorpio is the boiled and dried body of Buthus martensii Karsch(family Buthidae), used to subdue endogenous wind for the treatment of various kinds of tics, convulsion, tetanus and sequelae of cerebrovascular accidents. The herb is commonly known as Scorpio, Scorpion, Quán Xiē.
✵Common official herbal classics and other famous herbal classics defined the herb Scorpio(Scorpion) as the dried body of the species (1). Buthus martensii Karsch. It is an animal of the Sagittarius genus, the Buthidae family of the Scorpionida order. This commonly used species is introduced as:
(1).Buthus martensii Karsch.: It is commonly known as Dōng Yà Qián Xiē(literally means East Asia Scorpios), or Qián Xiē, or Buthus martensii. It is one of the most widely distributed scorpion species in China. Small, about the size of an adult thumb. They are poikilotherms, or what we call cold-blooded animals. Scorpion has been the first of the five poisons since ancient times. Because it is a vicious and vicious nature, the legend of the female scorpion will be born soon after the young scorpion to eat, people also commonly used scorpions as a metaphor for vicious woman. With its ugly appearance, it can be said that the scorpion was almost beaten by others. Though it is indeed painful to be stung by it; Although it is regarded as ominous in some places, people are afraid. But Scorpio's nature is not our subconscious in that kind of greed, motherly love is also overflowing in its side.
Biological characteristics: East Asia Scorpios belongs to arthropod class, original for wild, give birth to one fetus a year, after artificial culture, through maintaining certain temperature, humidity, promote Scorpios normal growth and development, now a year can give birth to two fetuses, it is a kind of precious medicinal animals. Artificial scorpion investment is little, cover an area of small (every square meter rick can be used to put scorpion about 2000), spare time management, indoor and outdoor can be raised.
East Asia Scorpios are cold-blooded, itself is a kind of poison, generally not contagious diseases, epidemic prevention, even as a result of dry, wet, crowded, environmental factors such as pressure caused casualties, some were still can be made into medicinal materials, has a certain economic value, the scorpion to both yellow powder insect, vegetables, fruit and leaf as a feed, under the condition of thermostatic cultivation (WuDongMian breeding), breeding for 8 to 10 months into a scorpion. According to the annual production of two children per scorpion, foster-birth 25~35, small scorpion to grow into a scorpion needs 9 months, according to the commercial scorpion each 0.4 yuan.
After fertilization, male and female go through the ovulation stage, embryo development stage, and give birth in the form of the young scorpion for about 110 days. A young scorpion grows into a mature one after 6 ecdyses. The food is mainly soft juicy insects: it has a positive tendency to temperature and humidity, and a negative tendency to strong light, sound, and vibration. The maximum activity temperature of various enzymes in vivo is 35-40℃.
According to the negative tendency to light, scorpions are bred in a dark environment for a long time, and their activities such as foraging, mating, and reproduction gradually eliminate the influence of circadian rhythm. According to the positive tendency to temperature, scorpions grow in a relatively constant temperature environment for a long time. After several generations of adaptation, the scorpion's growth period evolved from three years to 8-10 months.
Physical habits:1. scorpions are nocturnal animals, like damp fear of wet, like dark fear of strong light stimulation. They live in groups, are quiet and not active, and have the habit of nest recognition and group recognition. Most scorpions live in groups in fixed nests. Generally in large groups of scorpion nest mostly have female and male, have big and small, live together in harmony, rarely killing each other. But if it is not the same as the scorpion, encounters will often kill each other.
2. scorpions have the habit of hibernation, generally in late April, that is, after the awakening of insects, insects began to hibernate in early November, the annual activity time has about 6 months. During the day, scorpions usually come out from 8 PM to 11 PM after sunset and return to their nests from 2 to 3 am the next day. This pattern of activity is usually found at night when the ground is dry and warm, but rarely out on windy days.
3. scorpions are poikilothermic animals, but they are colder and heat-resistant. The temperature of the outside environment is from 40 ℃ to minus 5 ℃, scorpions can survive. The growth, development and reproduction of scorpions are closely related to temperature. When the temperature drops below 10 ℃, scorpions are less active. When the temperature drops below 20 ℃, scorpions are less active. The most suitable temperature for their growth and development is between 25 ℃ and 39 ℃. Scorpions are most active when the temperature is between 35 ℃ and 39 ℃. Their growth and development are accelerated. If the temperature exceeds 41 ℃, the water inside the scorpion will evaporate. If the scorpion does not cool down in time or replenish water in time, it will easily become dehydrated and die. When the temperature exceeds 43 ℃, scorpions soon die. Activity, growth, and reproduction of scorpions are closely related to temperature. The optimum temperature is between 35 ℃ and 38 ℃. Therefore, we in the artificial culture of scorpions must pay attention to master.
4. The growth and reproduction of scorpions are closely related to the humidity of the external environment. In nature, the wild scorpion, if you want a long time without rain, will drill into the ground about 1 meter deep wet place to hide, hide; When the weather is rainy and there is water on the ground, they will climb up to hide. Therefore, when raising scorpions, pay attention to the moisture in the feed, as well as the humidity in the feeding ground and nests. Generally speaking, the activity place of scorpion should slant wet some, and the nest that they inhabit asks a little dry some, this is advantageous to scorpion's growth development and reproduction. If the nest is too wet, it is vulnerable to microbe damage, scorpion peel is also very difficult; If the activity place of a scorpion is too dry, and the water in the feed that feeds is insufficient, also can affect the normal growth and development of scorpion, even can induce mutual slaughter.
5. scorpions like dark afraid of light, especially afraid of the stimulation of strong light, but they also need a certain degree of illumination, to absorb the sun's heat, improve digestion, speed up the growth and development of the speed, and is conducive to the embryo in pregnant scorpion body incubation process. Scorpions have been reported and observed to have a positive tendency toward weak light and a negative tendency toward strong light, but they most like to operate in weak green light.
6. scorpions on a variety of strong odor, such as paint, gasoline, kerosene, asphalt and a variety of chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, lime, such as strong avoidance, visible their sense of smell are very sensitive, the stimulation of these substances is very adverse to scorpions, even will die. Scorpions are also very sensitive to all kinds of strong vibration and sound, sometimes even scare them away, stop eating, mating breeding, birth, etc.
The life cycle: Scorpions generally live about 8 years and breed for about 5 years. According to the growth, the development stage is divided into 1-7 years old scorpion, pregnant scorpion. Ages 1 to 7 is calculated not by year, but by the number of times they strip. In greenhouse conditions, the young scorpion can grow to 1~2 years old in about 4 days. About 50 days can grow to 2~3 age, 105 days can grow to 3~4 age; 160 days can grow to 4~5 years old; 215 days can grow to about 5~6 years old; About 280 days can grow to 6~7 years old.
Ecological environment: Ovoviviparity. More burrowing, prefer to live in a stone gap or under the dead leaves, nocturnal, prey on insects and spiders and other animals. Distributed all over the country, especially in the north of the Yangtze River. Mainly distributed in Hubei, Anhui, and other areas.
Trait identification: The chest and front abdomen of the head are flat and oblong, and the rear abdomen is caudate, wrinkled and curved. The whole body length is about 6 cm. The head and chest were greenish-brown, with 1 pair of short chelate limbs in front and 1 pair of relatively long pincers, resembling crab chelate, with trapeform dorsal shell on the back and 4 pairs of feet on the ventral surface, all with 7 segments and 2 claws at the ends. The front abdomen is composed of 7 segments, the 7th segment is dark, and there are 5 ridges on the back armor. Abaxially green-brown, the hind abdomen is palm yellow color, 6 sections, on the section all has a longitudinal groove, end section has sharp hook shape poisonous thorn, below poisonous thorn there is no space. Slightly fishy, salty taste.